ADVANCED HAIRCUTTING SPECIALIST
NH2 SALON is a luxury salon in the San Francisco Bay Area. NH2 provides high quality hairdressing services within a spacious, sleek, modern space lined with rotating art. With an emphasis of sustainable beauty, NH2 is an AVEDA partnered salon.
NH2 is currently looking for a Haircutting Specialist who has experience providing high-level hairdressing services. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as a hairdresser. Candidates should have a cosmetology license within the state of California. This position reports to the salon manager and owner.
The person in this position is responsible for exceeding the hairdressing goals of NH2 guests. This person must have experience within luxury salon sector.
In this position, you will work collaboratively with the entire salon staff to:
- Consult with new and existing guests, assess short and long-term style goals, give strategic styling suggestions.
- Produce classic to contemporary haircuts using straight shears, guarded razor, clippers and texture shears.
- Maintain accurate and complete data for each guest.
- Employ NH2 technical techniques, systems of excellence, and maintain a positive attitude to enhances the salon culture.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of:
- Ability to communicate from abstract to concrete concepts
- Ability to assess style suitability
- Ability to teach guests how to recreate looks produced in-house
- Must be energetic, flexible and creative
- Have a current understanding of the latest hairdressing trends
- Experience with or familiar with AVEDA, Sassoon, and/or Yosh methodology
- Excellent human relations skills
- Confidence with the ability to effectively address challenges
- An articulate, effect, and clear communicator
- A logical and strategic thinker
- Holds the big picture as well as being detail oriented
- Exemplifies being a lifelong learner
- Sense of humor is alway desirable
Hours and Compensation
This is a full-time hourly position. Salary is to be determined commensurate with qualifications and experience.